Tuesday, July 31, 2012

More Trouble for Jonah Lehrer:

New allegations have emerged that the public apology Jonah Lehrer released yesterday over fabrications in his book Imagine had itself been cobbled together from earlier public apologies issued by Stephen Glass, Jayson Blair and Doris Kearns Goodwin.

Lehrer, 2012:
I want to apologize to everyone I have let down, especially the people I worked with. I hurt my editors. I hurt my family. I hurt my friends. I hurt my readers.
What I did hurt the people I worked with. It hurt my editors. It hurt my family. It hurt my friends. It hurt the readers.
Lehrer, 2012:
The quotes in question either did not exist, were unintentional misquotations, or represented improper combinations of previously existing quotes. 
About those quotes: some of them didn't exist, some were unintentional misquotations, and some represented improper combinations of previously existing quotes.
Lehrer, 2012:
I am a journalist. With the exception of being a wife and mother, it is who I am. And there is nothing I take more seriously.
I am a historian. with the exception of being a wife and mother, it is who I am. And there is nothing I take more seriously.
Honestly, it's like that guy's not even trying anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment